The Rimini International Choral Workshop (31 August – 6 September 2014) is a week of music-making and learning with Peter Phillips, Ghislaine Morgan and Andrea Angelini in the beautiful and ancient town of Rimini, on the “Riviera Adriatica” in Italy. The workshop is especially dedicated to exploring our great heritage of renaissance choral music, and to developing a performance style appropriate to it, as pioneered by the Tallis Scholars. The course is open to singers aged 16 years and over, and we welcome participants from Italy and abroad. All you need are reasonable sight-singing skills and a passion for a cappella choral music. Lessons will be in Italian and English at the same time.
Peter Phillips, Director, The Tallis Scholars
Ghislaine Morgan, Director, Sintra International Singing and Choral Conducting Course
Andrea Angelini, Director, Musica Ficta Ensemble
- Choral rehearsals with Peter Phillips and the other Tutors
- Individual vocal tuition (by Ghislaine Morgan).
- Talks and workshops including: · History of the Polyphony of the Renaissance. · Directing Your Own Group
- Morning warm-up sessions with Ghislaine Morgan.
- “Carpe Diem”: impromptu chats with Peter Phillips.
- Gala concert by participants, directed by Peter Phillips and Ghislaine Morgan.
- CD recording of the Gala Concert.
- Party and presentation of certificates by Peter Phillips.
[All information published here is provisional and may be subject to change]
Standard Price: 450 € (Euros) will include:
1 – Workshop fees. 2 – Membership fee to Associazione Musica Ficta. 3 – Music scores of the works studied. 4 – A digital copy of the CD of the Saturday Gala Concert. 5 – Pizza Party after the Saturday Concert. 6 – A Certificate of Attendance signed by P. Phillips
Payment: After you have registered online, please send as soon as possible the deposit of 200 Euros. Please send the final payment of the balance of 250 € (210 € if you are a student or if you have paid the deposit within the 31 March 2014) by 17 August 2014. If making a bank transfer, please allow for transfer fees on top of the amount. Payment methods:
A cheque in Euro payable to “Associazione Musicale Musica Ficta, Via Pascoli 23-g, 47900 Rimini – Italy”
Bank transfer to “Associazione Musicale Musica Ficta” account: – Bank: Banca Popolare dell’Emilia Romagna – SWIFT or BIC Code: BPMOIT22XXX – IBAN: IT55O0538724200000001094062 – Account No: 000001094062 – Address: Banca Popolare dell’Emilia Romagna – Rimini – Agenzia di Città n° 4 – Via Flaminia 35 – 47900 Rimini – Italy
On-line Payment by Paypal, with credit card
Discounts: Students: 10% off fees (410 €); proof of eligibility required. All the people: 10% off fees (410 €) for application and payment of the deposit within the 31 March 2014. Term of Booking:
- The deposit is non-refundable.
- Participants are responsible for their own insurance arrangements.
- Cancellation: In the unlikely event of cancellation of the course, fees will be refunded in full.
- Force majeure: In the event of cancellation or curtailment due to national calamity, war, earthquake, epidemic, refunds will be made on a pro rata basis for the unexpired remainder of the course.